A standard since the mid 1960’s a hybrid bermuda grass. This medium textured, dark green selection provides good color and wear tolerance.
Tifway is recognized as having a dark green color and leaves that are fine-medium textured. Tifway hybrid bermuda grass is course with a medium to low growth habit. This variety is a vigorous grower and thus establishes quickly at planting.
Commonly used on golf course fairways and tees, sport fields, in the landscape and other high use and visible surfaces in warm climates.
- Grows best in hot climates and may become dormant after frost but recovers quickly when temperatures warm.
- Recovers well from traffic and wear with proper maintenance.
- Drought tolerant.
- Provides the fast recuperative rates from traffic and wear with proper maintenance.
- Exhibits dense growth and competes well with weeds when properly maintained.
- Recovers well from insect damage.
- pH is between 6.5 and 7.2.
- Generally not recommended for home lawns due to mowing requirements. (at least twice a week)
- Fertility requirement are relatively high